FreeNAS 8.2.0-BETA2 released
Freenas has released FreeNAS 8.2.0-BETA2 version. This 8.2 FreeNAS branch includes several functional changes compared to the 8.0.x releases. Learn more...
The changes in the new release include
- ZFS can be manipulated from the CLI
- zvols, datasets, and entire volumes can be created, destroyed, or manipulated on the CLI and will be propagated to the GUI.
- Now supports active-passive multipath capable hardware targeting mainly SAS drives on dual expander backplanes.
- Third party modules can be added and can be manipulated and configured from the GUI.
- Now includes a webshell that lets you access a root shell from within a web browser.
- The "Create Volume" modal was renamed to "Volume Manager".
- ZFS volumes can now have periodic scrub tasks configured for them
- An autotuning script is now available which is disabled by default.
- A newer web toolkit is used, which behaves better with modal dialogs and more intuitively in general when compared with older versions
- A more responsive service state detection mechanism was added to improve FreeNAS interoperability in VM software
Learn more about FreeNAS 8.2.0-BETA2