There is absolutely no reason for me to try and guess how much you adore your pets, am I right? After all, this is the kind of love that can never be appropriately described. It’s just that, there are no actual words that could describe the sentiment perfectly. And yet, we all know how it feels to have that special animal in your life.
We also all know how it feels to be responsible for that special animal and, primarily, its health. If you have been following any trends around the market these days, then you have almost certainly stumbled upon those wellness products, such as the ones found at www.holistapet.com, that people are increasingly introducing to their animals’ diet. That must have made you wonder. Should you do the same?
Well, since you are the one responsible for your pet’s wellbeing, the least you can do is get properly informed before deciding either on giving the animal certain products or on avoiding them. After all, your little companion certainly deserves the best and it is your responsibility to provide it with the best. So, I suggest you get acquainted with one of the newest wellness trends on the market and check if your pet would benefit from it.
In case you couldn’t have guessed it, I am talking about CBD oil. It is one of the latest trends that people are going crazy about and it would really be a shame not to get familiar with it the right way. So, let us first check out what it is and what it is made of. This way, you will be able to determine all on your own whether you like what you are hearing about this product or not and then decide if you should buy it for your pet.
To put things simply, CBD oil is a supplement made from Cannabidiol. In case you haven’t heard about it by now, Cannabidiol is a substance found in hemp, as well as in other cannabis plants. Yet, I have mentioned hemp specifically, because it is the plant that manufacturers use for making CBD pet products. Click this to learn more about this particular plant.
Now you are probably wondering why hemp is such an important factor here, so let me explain that quickly. Unlike some other cannabis plants, this one is known to contain extremely low concentrations of Tetrahydrocannabinol, which means that it isn’t psychoactive. I suppose you can understand why that is important when it comes to our pets, especially if you have a hyperactive furry friend.
What’s even more important, Cannabidiol, i.e. the actual substance that the products are made of, doesn’t have the same effects as Tetrahydrocannabinol. In other words, this particular compound can’t get you high, meaning that there are no risks of giving it to your animal. That is probably the biggest concern you had when you first heard that this particular product was connected to cannabis. So, now you have nothing to worry about.
Should You Buy It?
After realizing what CBD oil for pets is made of and that there is no reason to worry about any side effects whatsoever, you are probably wondering whether you should buy it for your animals or not. This question is not so easily answered, because it depends on what it is that you are trying to achieve when it comes to the health of your pets. There are quite a few things that CBD oil can help with and the question you need to ask yourself is whether it can help with the particular condition that you are trying to treat.
- Among other things, CBD oil can treat your dog’s digestive issues which is a very common problem that keeps reoccurring. Dogs that are recovering from certain illnesses or surgeries usually have decreased appetite, nausea, and vomiting when trying to get some food in their bellies. CBD has been proven to help significantly in overcoming gastrointestinal difficulties by increasing appetite while still being gentle to the stomach.
- Initially, CBD became famous for its painkilling abilities. Humans are using it to treat pain caused by a wide variety of conditions. Lately, pets seem to reap the benefits of CBD oils also to remedy suffering due to chronic or sudden pain.
- Seizures and tremors caused by epilepsy are managed with CBD oil with great success in animals. Being the natural anticonvulsant, Cannabidiol reduces the frequency and intensity of the seizures that significantly improves the quality of life of pets and owners alike. The distress caused by epilepsy is very upsetting to the pet owners due to the feeling of panic and helplessness. Thanks to CBD oil pets can be at least partially relieved from the suffering.
- Inflammations happen for many different reasons from having a cold, fever, to insect bites and eating inedible items around the house and yard. Cannabidiol turned out to be a great therapeutic medicine that slows down or completely eliminates inflammations regardless of their cause. In time this became a go-to remedy every time pet owners spot some redness, sores, swelling, and irritation in their pets.
- Separation anxiety is a common issue among pets, especially the ones who are adopted in later stages of life. Abuse, injuries, and exploitation by irresponsible owners can leave life-long scars on a pet’s psyche. Even when this is not the case, some situations, like hearing fireworks, thunder, or similar loud sounds, can trigger anxiety and stress in pets. Again, pet parents went to the proven solution – CBD. The main compound, Cannabidiol, effectively reduces the feelings of fear and nervousness in cats and dogs without making them groggy and weak.
- In lab conditions, some cancer cells seemed to die out when faced with CBD oil treatment. However, this shouldn’t be taken as a cure for cancer, since the experiments are still ongoing. If you suspect that your pet might suffer from cancer take him to the vet right away. Still, pain caused by cancer treatments can be decreased by implementing Cannabidiol as a regular supplement.
- Now, it’s important for you to understand that CBD oil is not only given in order to treat some medical conditions in your pets. It is also a great supplement for all those healthy animals that could use a little energy boost. In addition to that, it can work towards regulating your pet’s sleep schedules.
Vets are still on the fence when it comes to the miraculous characteristics of CBD. Pain reduction and seizure control are two proven advantages of Cannabidiol, while others are still uncertain. On the other hand, pet owners are praising it for its effectiveness with various conditions and illnesses. In any case, be careful when administering it to your pet, and always make sure to consult with your vet. Carefully managing CBD dosages and monitoring your pet’s reactions is highly advised before implementing it as a part of a regular diet.