There are many types of orthodontics that have been modified and perfected over time to meet the needs of each patient. So, nowadays, there are a wide variety of treatments to choose from.
Among these orthodontic treatments are the Impress clear aligners, a treatment that has been launched on the market relatively recently, which consists of the manufacture of a transparent splint made to measure for each patient that envelops the teeth to control their movement towards the correct position.
As the splint is invisible, the aligners will be virtually unnoticeable to others. The splint is made of plastic materials and is changed approximately every two weeks, according to the indications of specialists, so that the teeth gradually make slight movements throughout the treatment. This treatment is removable, so the patient can remove the aligners whenever they need to, for example, when eating or brushing their teeth.
To find out if Impress clear aligners are right for you, this article explains the advantages and disadvantages of this treatment.
Advantages of Impress clear aligners
1. The aesthetics of the treatment: at the beginning of the process you will be provided with transparent splints, and this must be changed every one or two weeks. Therefore, you must take care of them and follow the professional’s recommendations for daily dental cleaning and the cleaning of the aligners so that they do not deteriorate.
2. It is removable: patients who opt for this method can decide when to put the aligner in and when to take it out. However, to be fully effective, it should be worn for at least 22 hours a day, only to be removed for eating or drinking and to maintain hygiene..
3. Less frequent visits to the clinic: it vary depending on the case but the average is 6 to 8 weeks, thanks to the app control service.
4. Good oral hygiene: This method allows for much better oral hygiene than with other orthodontic treatments such as braces. You won’t have to worry about the common brushing problems caused by traditional braces, cleaning with aligners is much simpler, yet necessary.
5. Custom-made for each person: so they are comfortable, discreet and won’t cause you any problems when eating. In addition to the above.
6. It is a very painless treatment. It is true that when we change the aligners there is some slight discomfort that dissipates quickly, as they force the alignment of the teeth.
7. Follow-up with your orthodontist: remote monitoring can be carried out at any time via the mobile app.
8. 24/7 support: There is a 24-hour customer service for any problems or doubts that may arise.
How clear aligners work and tips
Clear aligners are a treatment that has been launched on the market relatively recently, which consists of the manufacture of a transparent splint made to measure for each patient that envelops the teeth to control their movement towards the correct position.
The splint is made of plastic materials and is changed approximately every two weeks, according to the indications of specialists. This treatment is removable, so the patient can remove the prosthesis whenever they need to, for example, when eating or brushing their teeth. This makes oral hygiene easier. It is stipulated to wear them 22 hours a day.
When using braces, the diet is usually limited to prevent debris from remaining between the appliance and the teeth, or to avoid breaking any brackets or wires with hard food. But clear aligners are designed to be removed during meals. For the first few days with new aligners, it is recommended that you eat a softer diet to avoid the effort of chewing as your teeth are more sensitive. When using clear aligners, the only thing that is forbidden is chewing gum so that it does not stick to the splints and damage them.
The duration of the treatment depends on the severity of the malocclusion, the evolution of each patient and the consistency of the treatment. It also depends on whether orthodontics needs to be supplemented with other dental treatments. Taking all these aspects into account, between six months and a full year’s duration is typical.
What are the most common cases for orthodontics?
- Crowding anomaly: this is the most common problem and the one that pushes the majority of the population to have orthodontic treatment. Crowding is nothing more than a problem of positioning and alignment that occurs when there is not enough space in the gum to accommodate all the teeth.
- Prognathism anomaly: originates when the mandibular bone is more advanced in the upper or lower part of the mouth.
- Retrognathism anomaly: People who suffer from retrognathism have a setback in the teeth or bone, inducing an uneven bite.
- Open bite abnormality: This type of abnormality is one of the most common. When you close your jaw and bite down they do not collide with each other, this anomaly happens because some teeth do not connect with each other.
- Cross-bite anomaly: This type of problem is quite common in patients and this is also a very frequent type of anomaly and occurs when several teeth from the jaw stay in the upper jaw.
- Scissor bite anomaly: This is the same as above, but instead of occurring in the upper jaw, it is significantly outside of the lower jaw.
- Diastema anomaly: The diastemas anomaly occurs when we observe a slight separation between the teeth.
- Collapse: This is a fairly common issue and is due to a narrowing that paralyses the mouthparts from having enough space for their placement.
Therefore, we know that nowadays there are several orthodontic treatments with proven results. Each treatment has its advantages and disadvantages, and each is adapted to the needs of each patient. But we cannot deny that invisible aligners are starting to become very important in the field of orthodontic treatments.
If you consider yourself a responsible person, who attaches great importance to the aesthetics of your smile, to the comfort of a treatment, and you don’t want other people to notice that you are wearing an appliance, clear aligners are the ideal treatment for you.
It is important to take into account that before starting treatment, it is important to consult professionals and proven specialists. Orthodontics is an oral health treatment, so it is important to take care of it.
Once you’re ready to know more about clear aligners, you can reach out to this dentist who does Invisalign, veneers, and quality dental implants in New York.