Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 out, now with support for new hardware platforms...
Red Hat, the leading company when it comes to the development, deployment, and management of Linux and open source solutions has released its latest. Their unique solutions provide rapid innovation. Learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8...
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 includes the following improvements over the previous version
- Support for Power Management Quality of Service (QoS) now offers automatic power management policy at the device level that manages latency and throughput based on QoS needs
- New iotop support which enables the monitoring of I/O resources like storage devices, at the process level,thereby offering insight into potential performance issues.
- KVM scalability enhancements maximized the supported virtual guest size from 128 to 256 virtual CPUs
- The manageability and stability of KVM hosts and Red Hat Enterprise Linux guests have been increased
- Now conformss to USGCB recommendations for government agencies following USGCB guidance for secure configuration policies.
Learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8..