Mageia 2 released
Mageia is a fork of Mandriva Linux. It is a community project which aims to develop a free Linux-based OS. It is a non profit organization that does not have any commercial interests. The latest one is a beta release. Learn more about Mageia 2 release
This Beta relase aims to fix bugs and improves integration for all distributions.The new features include
- Mageia 2 beta 1 ships with stable glibc 2.14.1.
- kernel updated to 3.3
- Mageia 2 will default to dracut as tool for creating initrds (initial ramdisk, used during boot).
- Now uses systemd for booting (instead of initscripts).
- The nomachine nx libraries for remote server applications included in version 3.5.0
- Mageia 2 beta1 ships with KDE 4.8.0
- Mageia 2 beta1 ships with Gnome 3.3.x with the target of reaching 3.4.x for final release.
Read the entire list of changes in Mageia 2