How to install Swiftfox in Ubuntu
Swiftfox is the Firefox web browser, but built with optimizations to increase speed on specific CPU types. It is compatible with all Firefox extensions and themes, and uses the same settings location as Firefox, so you can use both transparently.
Instructions from getswiftfox.com
- Add the Swiftfox repository
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
- Add this line at the bottom
deb http://getswiftfox.com/builds/debian unstable non-free
- Update apt sources
sudo apt-get update
- Check your CPU compatibility here
- Install your version of Swiftfox
sudo apt-get install swiftfox-pentium4
- Run with
Programs > Internet > Swiftfox
- There is also an [installer] available that is distro independent. It is a script that downloads and installs Swiftfox in the /opt directory and attempts to use existing Firefox plugins. The installer is probably the best way for most non-Ubuntu and non-Debian users to install Swiftfox.